GWO Fire Awareness
The theoretical module of the course will be classroom based and will allow individuals to show a good understanding of all aspects of fire and appropriate ways to deal with any emergency situations. The outdoor practical exercises will give individuals the chance to demonstrate correct use of a number of fire extinguishers on controlled, live fire scenarios.
This course is designed to provide individuals with a comprehensive understanding of how to safely avoid or deal with situations involving fire and smoke.
- Relevant legislation
- Fire behaviour
- Types and causes of fire
- Signs of fire
- Appropriate emergency action
- Selection and use of extinguishers
- Other equipment
- Verbal Discussion
- Safe approach procedures
- Use of Carbon Dioxide fire extinguisher
- Use of Dry Powder fire extinguisher
- Safe retreat
- Practical Assessment
GWO stipulate that you must provide us with a copy of your valid, current medical certificate to participate on the course. You must also provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence. You must be 18 or over. The course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate, we can make prior arrangements if needed.
All technical equipment will be provided by NWFTC however you will need to bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing to climb in (We advise loose clothing which does not hinder your movement)
- Any clothing appropriate to weather conditions (Our training facility is exposed to the elements. Warm waterproof/windproof jackets are recommended.)
- Safety footwear
- Gloves – Close fitting (We are able to provide)
- Safety Eyewear (We are able to provide)
If you would like to bring your own equipment please contact the office beforehand as we will need to see inspection records and certificate of conformity for all items used.
Available course dates and locations
Please choose from the available training course dates, to make a booking please click the 'Indvidual' or 'Group' booking buttons based on your requirements.
|Start date & time||End date & time||Course location||Spaces||Cost||Book training course & pay online|
|13/12/2018 - 13:00||13/12/2018 - 17:00||Lowestoft College||2||£138.00 Inc VAT||PLEASE CALL TO BOOK|