GWO Manual Handling
The course helps individuals show a solid understanding of all aspects of manual handling safety. There will also be exercises allowing individuals to demonstrate how to move a variety of objects.
This course is designed to educate individuals with a basic awareness of the dangers associated with manual handling and practical tuition in handling techniques.
- Relevant legislation and duties
- Manual handling overview
- Safe systems of work
- Basic anatomy
- Safe manual handling techniques
- Verbal questioning
- Risk assessment
- Manual handling tasks
- Practical assessment
GWO stipulate that you must provide us with a copy of your valid, current medical certificate to participate on the course. You must also provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence. You must be 18 or over. The course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate, we can make prior arrangements if needed.
All technical equipment will be provided by NWFTC however you will need to bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing to climb in (We advise loose clothing which does not hinder your movement)
- Any clothing appropriate to weather conditions (Our training facility is exposed to the elements. Warm waterproof/windproof jackets are recommended.)
- Safety footwear
- Gloves – Close fitting (We are able to provide)
- Safety Eyewear (We are able to provide)
If you would like to bring your own equipment please contact the office beforehand as we will need to see inspection records and certificate of conformity for all items used.
Available course dates and locations
Please choose from the available training course dates, to make a booking please click the 'Indvidual' or 'Group' booking buttons based on your requirements.
|Start date & time||End date & time||Course location||Spaces||Cost||Book training course & pay online|
|13/12/2018 - 09:00||13/12/2018 - 13:00||Lowestoft College||2||£138.00 Inc VAT||PLEASE CALL TO BOOK|